Monday, April 30, 2012

One Day to Go

So here is the list that I intend to follow. If you want to work along with me, you can change some of them to suit your needs because I don't think that everyone needs to make 30 business calls a week but, for those of you in sales, challenge yourself to do so!

30 Days of 30 Ways to Improve My Life (and the lives of others)

1.  30 Minutes of exercise EVERY day - Now I know that doctors say you should do this anyway and prefer that you do more but who really does it? Some do but most do not. Everyone can find 30 minutes a day either in the morning, evening, or do it on your lunch hour. You don't have to run a 5K in the 30 minutes and it can be yoga, strength training, walking, running or whatever you enjoy doing. Don't make it something you hate doing or you will find a reason why you didn't do it and justify it somehow. I will be sticking mostly to yoga and the treadmill with some weights on the treadmill because I am getting older and KNOW that I need to keep my muscles strong to keep my bones strong.
2. 30 Business calls a week. I know I should probably do more but I am working with baby steps right now. Calling makes me uncomfortable and I need to get comfortable doing it, so this will be a huge step for me. If you don't normally need to call for your business, then make it 30 calls to friends and relatives who you haven't spoken to in a while. It will give you a chance to catch up and a chance to make someone's day.
3.  30 Glasses of water a week. I have fallen off the wagon on this one as of late and this will get me back on track. Drinking water is great for your skin and helps keep your systems running the way they should. Also, if you are well hydrated, you are less likely to be hungry. Not that this is a diet by any means but water is good for you. Just drink it!
4.  30 Fruits and vegetables a week. Yes, I know they say 5 a day but who really gets a chance to eat that many or tracks to see if they do? Well, now I will. Like I said, this is not a diet but if you actually eat all the fruits and vegetables that you should, then you won't be hungry for that bag of potato chips at 10 p.m. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
5.  30 Prayers/meditations a month. I have always had a problem with this and need to get in touch with my spiritual self. Most of my friends know that I am not a religious person but I am a very spiritual person. It wasn't until a few days ago when my friend Clementine posted a Lakota prayer that I finally found something that felt very powerful to me and still can't say the prayer without crying. I think if something speaks to me like that, then I should listen.
6.  30 Affirmations a week. The company I work for believes highly in the power of affirmation. I've always felt it was kind of hokey but I'm going to give it a shot. I have lots of them from my KW training and will most likely Google a few as well. I'll post them when I find really good ones. The one I will be using for now is "I am grateful for unknown blessings already on their way."
7.  30 Hugs a week. Why? Because it will make you feel good and it will also make the recipients day!
8.  30 Compliments a week. Again, this will make someone's day, so why not? If you can make someone's day, don't you think it will make your day as well? I do.

Ok, so I'm off to create a spreadsheet so I can check things off. You don't really HAVE to track it with a spreadsheet if you don't want to. Just get a little notebook and use tick marks. Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

  1. The hugs and time spent in Inman Park really was nice Sherry. You are a wonderful woman with a great heart. I am luck to have you as a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks. I truly enjoyed it as well and consider myself lucky to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete